04 November 2013

Friend, Family, and Scouting

Today started with a visit to my old roommate, Aubree's new business. I'm sad she moved, but so excited by the possibilities in her life and hope she's able to help many people through it.

Next up was a visit to Great-Aunt Erma. She's a bit like a grandmother and a role model to me. Erma raised a large family in a relatively small house without a dishwasher, and remains one of the happiest people I know. Her Jell-O salads are also famous. We had a lunch date at a nearby Chinese restaurant, and I got to hear about how she and Uncle Dick met (apparently he thought she was "too churchy" at first).
with Great-Aunt Erma
After lunch I made a quick trip to downtown Salt Lake to visit the Church's History Museum and their Scouting exhibit. It included some of Norman Rockwell's paintings of Scouting, and a comparison of the Scout Law over the years

I think we should bring back some of the old ideals like "Be manly" or "smiles and whistles under all circumstances."



That night we held "FHE" by having a gathering of most of my cousins that live nearby. It was fun hearing what they've been up to, and made me miss living closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.