At BYU we didn’t have spring break, so when the class I taught at GW had theirs, I felt like I had to take advantage of it and go somewhere. That “somewhere” turned out to be a road trip down to Charleston, South Carolina. On the drive down we stopped at my first-ever Buc-ee’s to refuel and be blown away at the scale of their operations and cleanliness of their bathrooms. Succumbing to billboards, we also stopped along the “Pecan Trail” in Florence at ChocoBella for some delicious chocolate and gelato in a quaint downtown that looked like the setting of a Hallmark movie.
.jpg) |
So much more than a gas station.
|
Arriving in Charleston in the afternoon, we visited White Point Garden
and walked along the waterfront past Rainbow Row and Broad Street just
as the sun was setting. We stopped by Peninsula Grill for slices of
their famous coconut cake, and for dinner I had delicious shrimp and
grits at a place by the water.
 |
Azaleas and oaks in White Point Garden
|
 |
Handy plaque along the waterfront
|
 |
Rainbow Row
|
 |
Broad Street sunset
|
 |
The famous pineapple fountain
|
 |
Peninsula Grill's Ultimate Coconut Cake--one of the best I've ever tried!
|
 |
Shrimp and grits for dinner
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.